It is a sulky, rainy afternoon (disclaimer: Portland's rainy days during the Spring are stunningly beautiful and green). Sometimes I think the weather serves to mock me, but today it is right in step with me. I woke up late, unable to manage having coffee and a shower, and am currently staring at my computer willing it to do my homework for me. The little boy I "nanny" has a cough today and we had to hole up at home. I do not want to be held responsible if he gave other children a cold, or the dreaded flu. Bored out of my mind and sluggish, I am withering away. Really, everyone should feel sorry for me, I am not a homebody at all!
All complaints aside, I am excited to go home. Tonight, Andrew and I are going to have tacos with the carnitas that has been stewing in the slow cooker. I am overjoyed that we have discovered Portland's farmers markets with locally raised meats. I think we spent most of Sunday at the market, it was incredible. After a yummy (nanny jargon for "scrumptious" or "delicious") dinner I will finally finish my tedious paper. The rest of the week will be open for relaxing after this Research Methods class is off my shoulders. I say "relax", but I am not really skilled at accomplishing relaxation, so we'll see what happens.
Wishing you a wonderful rainy Monday!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment